Basic of 40 hour contract, great rates of pay, full training provided including all mandatory training.
- Personal Care of the Residents
- Assist the residents in rising from the bed, washing, dressing, bathing and general personal hygiene.
- Wash, bath and toilet residents including hair washing and shaving of male residents.
- Observe physical and psychological well – being and report any significant changes to the Senior Nurse on duty.
- Attend to sick residents and perform such tasks as may be required, e.g. Serving meals on a tray, washing and combing hair, toileting and bathing and attending to other aspects of hygiene as necessary.
- Lifting and transporting of residents as required, and as per training programmed.
- Assist residents, as required, in retiring to bed.
- Serve meals to the residents and assist more dependent residents to eat when necessary, e.g. cutting up food for blind resident or by feeding him/her.
- Care of Residents’ Clothing
- Ensure each resident has adequate personal clothing and report deficiencies.
- Ensure that clothing is clearly marked.
- Note any repairs needed and give clothing for repair to the Laundry Assistant.
- Deal with soiled clothing as per company Infection Control Policy.
- Return clean clothing to drawers and keep drawers and wardrobes tidy.
- Care of Residents’ Beds and Bedrooms
- Make residents beds or assist those who wish to make their own.
- Ensure that the beds are clean and comfortable, changing linen as per home policy.
- Keep the bedrooms generally tidy, but adhering to the individual resident’s wishes as far as possible.
- Trips and Outings
- The Care Assistant will, as required, accompany and assist residents on trips and outings.
- Talk and listen to the residents and assist by reading to them as and when necessary, writing letters, etc. for them.