- We currently have a vacancy for a part time physiotherapist to join our team at The Close Care Home for 20 hours per week.
- Rated as “Outstanding” for caring you will be joining a team that is committed to person centred care which is supported by a great “family” philosophy.
- You role will be to assist our residents who face everyday challenges due to cognitive, physical, behavioural and emotional deficits, who as the result of an accident or illness have an acquired brain injury or other conditions, have multiple sclerosis, dementia or have suffered a stroke to engage in purposeful activities or occupations to promote, regain or maintain health and well-being.
- To devise rehabilitation treatment programmes to increase our residents’ ability to carry out activities of daily living as independently as possible, and with more confidence. Our rehabilitation programmes vary greatly according to individual needs and may involve environmental modifications or special equipment. As the physiotherapist it will be your responsibility to review and modify the programmes regularly and report any updates when you liaise with MDT colleagues and external professionals.
- You will also take a full part in developing and implementing internal clinical governance processes relating to falls and hazards.
- As a physiotherapist at The Close you will encounter a diverse range of residents with varying requirements and you will need to seek an understanding of each individual's needs and lifestyle in order to devise appropriate treatment.
- For further details and an informal chat please contact
Home Manager – Dorchester & Clifton
The Close Care Home
Tel: 01865 407343
Basic of 40 hour contract, great rates of pay, full training provided including all mandatory training.
- Personal Care of the Residents
- Assist the residents in rising from the bed, washing, dressing, bathing and general personal hygiene.
- Wash, bath and toilet residents including hair washing and shaving of male residents.
- Observe physical and psychological well – being and report any significant changes to the Senior Nurse on duty.
- Attend to sick residents and perform such tasks as may be required, e.g. Serving meals on a tray, washing and combing hair, toileting and bathing and attending to other aspects of hygiene as necessary.
- Lifting and transporting of residents as required, and as per training programmed.
- Assist residents, as required, in retiring to bed.
- Serve meals to the residents and assist more dependent residents to eat when necessary, e.g. cutting up food for blind resident or by feeding him/her.
- Care of Residents’ Clothing
- Ensure each resident has adequate personal clothing and report deficiencies.
- Ensure that clothing is clearly marked.
- Note any repairs needed and give clothing for repair to the Laundry Assistant.
- Deal with soiled clothing as per company Infection Control Policy.
- Return clean clothing to drawers and keep drawers and wardrobes tidy.
- Care of Residents’ Beds and Bedrooms
- Make residents beds or assist those who wish to make their own.
- Ensure that the beds are clean and comfortable, changing linen as per home policy.
- Keep the bedrooms generally tidy, but adhering to the individual resident’s wishes as far as possible.
- Trips and Outings
- The Care Assistant will, as required, accompany and assist residents on trips and outings.
- Talk and listen to the residents and assist by reading to them as and when necessary, writing letters, etc. for them.
based on a 40 hour week
- To ensure that the company’s mission statement and key values are carried through all aspects of patient care. The resident Charter Of Rights is upheld for all residents
- To assist with the efficient running of the home by providing the highest possible standard of professional nursing care.
- The Registered Nurse has a professional duty to be knowledgeable and keep up to date in all professional areas of work affecting the Health and well being of the residents and staff.
- To be responsible for the total care of all residents within the home.
- To maintain and keep accurate nursing records, by liasing with residents, relatives and staff to ensure care planning is timely undertaken implemented and evaluated.
- To ensure highest levels of personal hygiene and infection control measures are always adhered to.
- To participate in resident care reviews with residents, relatives and social workers as arranged.
- To ensure support groups for residents, friends and relatives are maintained.
- To ensure the Misuse of Medicines Act is appropriately complied with and all medicines are prescribed and used on a named resident basis.
- To act as a senior member of the team and deputise for the Matron in their absence.
- To participate in the recruitment, selection and orientation of staff.
- Maintaining in confidence, any particulars about the residents with in the nursing home.
- To supervise and give guidance and training to all staff.
- To assist in the organisation and participate in a programme of in-service training for all staff.
- Have regard for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others. Hazard, potential hazards, accidents and other untoward occurrences, faulty equipment etc should be reported to the Home Manger and any necessary steps taken to prevent injury.
- To be aware of COSHH regulations and appropriate use of substances.
- To take part in staff meetings whenever possible.
- To ensure accurate and timely reporting of all annual leave, sickness, complaints, accidents/ mishaps and daily census to the Manager. Carrying out all procedures laid down to according to Company Policy.
- To know where all the fire fighting equipment is located and how it is operated.
- It is a requirement of this employment that all staff actively participate in training programmes organised by the Company.